Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reflections

I went wandering in the garden this morning and found a tomato hornworm

 In fact I touched it.
It was an ucky moment.
. Whitelined sphinx, a common hummingbird moth..


However, I know that hornworms turn into hummingbird moths and I love  watching them in the garden.  Ya know, I can't have hummingbird moths without the ucky of the hornworm.  This was an inspirational moment.

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/PUBS/INSECT/05517.html

I read Laura Allen's Blog about the Alliance and she gives a much better report of the meeting so check it out. I on the other hand am contemplating hornworms and hummingbird moths.  Most people like butterflies but they start out as a caterpillar too.  Here is the monarch butterfly caterpillar that is also in my garden. Why do I not think it is ucky?


In the midst of this introspective and enlightening moment I found one of my cats- Gary named by my little granddaughter after Spongebob's snail- in the clothes dryer.   Thankfully I had not dried him with the clothes but left the door open after taking laundry out of the dryer. This event made me giggle.   A bit later Gary and my other cat smokey were snarking at eachother over who would get to play with the wasp they had trapped in the corner.  The winner may get stung. 

Yes I am rambling but this is part of the way I process an event like the Alliance meeting.  There were a couple of moments that were ucky for me-I describe them in the previous post. However-almost all of the meeting was beautiful like the hummingbird moth. I will get a hold of the NCBTMB leaders and share my observations and opinions. In fact--as I was contemplating my actions this morning Smokey the cat walked on my phone and believe it or not dialed Paul Lindamood CEO of the NCBTMB. I let it ring and left a message.  We must participate in the evolution of our profession. The Alliance is like the monarch caterpillar- in process and I love monarchs-caterpillars and butterflies.  Anyone who may be following this blog spread the word that change is occurring and support is important.  Be part of the process. Read the information on the various websites that represent the massage profession.  If you like what is going on then let the leaders know. When you don't like what is going on also state why and offer suggestions.  So much is happening right now. Start by sending focused intention for collaboration and cooperation to the organizational representatives at the meeting in St. Louis in September.  It will a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment